No Regrets

No Regrets
By: E. M. Areson
“You just blew up half the city!”
“I regret nothing.”
“Jerk-face.”
“Loser!” I blew a hole in the side of the barn where Henry was hiding.
He rolled out and threw a bomb at me. I roll to the side as he yelled, “I’ve almost got you!”
“Never!” I began shooting at him.
“Boys,” My mother said. We turned to see her in the door of my bedroom. “Are you going to play that all day?”
I quickly looked back at the game and put an end to my rivel.
“Hay!”
“Now we’re done,” I smiled at my mom and Henry hit me over the head with a pillow.
I tackled him and we wrestled for a good ten minutes as my mom laughed. “Okay, that’s enough. Seriously, I wanted to know if you guys were hungry. But, since you’re so busy…”
“We’re not busy!”
“Then come on, I have pizza.” My mom went off to the kitchen.
Henry and I untangled ourselves and looked at the game.

“After lunch, you wanna-?”
“Definitely.” I interrupted him, then we ran to get pizza.  

Photo by: Dawn Armfield

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

South to Freedom

The Lava Warriors

The Human I'm Friends With