Inspiration

Inspiration
By E. M. Areson


Emily sat staring at the computer screen; the blank computer screen. It was a Friday night, she was alone in a quiet house after having a warm bowl of soup and cup of cocoa. She’d been looking forward to this writing session all week. Emily cried silently inside.
“I can’t write this… It’s too much I can’t write my story. What if no one likes it? What if I don’t like it? What if I don’t do the characters justice? What if they hate me for ruining their story?” She blinked, and unwillingly when she opened them again her best friend was sitting on the bed with her.
“Hay Agitha, how are you doing?”
“Purr.”
Emily petted Agatha, her calico cat. “Good girl. I think…” Emily squealed, scaring Agatha.
“Agatha I love you, you just gave me the best idea.” Emily began to write and page after page was filled, a new world was born into reality through her writing and when she put it out on her blog it touched the world in a small but important way.
A man with his family on the bus read it and it inspired him to give some change to a young lady fundraising for the homeless shelter. A cheerleader read it and it made her realize that dating a smart nerd for homework help would get her nowhere in life. A lonely author sitting at home wishing to be at prom with his friends read it and felt comforted.
The story didn’t bring world peace, it didn’t stop world hunger and it didn’t cure depression. I did mean a homeless child got to eat, a nerd found a healthy relationship, and the author was able to see past the moment and know things would get better; because that’s the power of a story.
Photo By: Brigitte Tohm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

South to Freedom

The Lava Warriors

The Human I'm Friends With